October 26, 2009

Time Travel

Last week I had to travel to the East Coast for business. I was in Waltham, Boston and in Bristol, Connecticut to meet with my client ESPN. Getting there meant I had a long drive ahead of me on the one day, it was so very pretty. This time of the year the leaves are in their full autumnal glory. I felt really blessed to see it all especially since it was such a sunny day out there...these are rare this time of the year. On the way home from Boston we were delayed on the tarmac for about 20 minutes because of the arrival of air force one, we got to see the plane from the window and I thought to myself that this may be the closest I would ever come to President Obama in person. That was pretty cool.

Back at home in a very sunny San Francisco, this weekend I attended the West Fest in Golden Gate Park – this was the celebration of 40 years since Woodstock. Even though this was not my era, it was great to see so much tie dye and so many people still living the vibe of that time.

I was observing people and wondered to myself how easily we judge people by the way they look. This thought occurred to me while I was watching some of these wasted old hippies running around somewhat intoxicated by whatever their pleasure during the day. I thought of how they looked like they were having so much fun and although we may look at some of them and think how wasted they look, these people may well be very respected in and successful in life since otherwise they might not have the freedom to do the things they do. How do we know unless we engage. So, live and let live and do not judge unless you want to be judged yourself.

Our past does not define us; it is a part of what makes us who we are today and we have the power to choose out future.

Life is full of limitless possibilities.