May 18, 2010

Happyness!

I'm feeling deliciously upside down and giddy and I continue to be in love with life...there are days when the gray clouds try to break my mood but I fight them off with a workout and the sunny skies (at least the mood) is back again.

I remember years ago I had a boyfriend who "accused" me of being a happiness junkie – like it was a bad thing! – seriously?...what is that point in moping around all day when you can live life sunny side up.

I feel blessed that I do not suffer from depression and thankfully it is something I have not had to deal with. I feel it is important to recognize what you have, to look outside of yourself. It is so easy to be dissatisfied, after all, it is human nature to want more.

In the big scheme of things I lived a charmed life, I live in a great city, I experience relative stability, I have a great job that challenges me, I have great friends that love me, I am healthy and because of all of this I am happy.

I am a happiness junkie! And I am proud of it!