July 27, 2010

Victory!

So this weekend was the ‘big’ marathon – It was the second time I took part in a full marathon (that’s 26.2 miles or 42 km) and I have to admit, I was a little anxious leading up to it which I kept telling myself was appropriate considering the distance and the stress it can have on your body. The anxiety was obviously good for me because it meant that I was very prepared for this race.

I started out at a pretty strong pace and it felt good until about mile 23 at which point I really ‘hit the wall”, but I applied a walk/run approach at that stage and since I was well ahead of my goal time (by about 7 minutes) I was confident that I would still be able to meet my goal. I learned a lot from this race and it felt so great to achieve my goal, I know I have more in me and I am already looking forward to the next one.

In other news, I am almost at the 5 year anniversary of living in San Francisco. What an amazing journey this has been. I am thankful every day that I live here in this great city by the bay.

San Francisco is my home.